Wednesday, April 13, 2011

For this entry I have the pleasure of being able to combine "Thing 9" with more ghostly endeavours. As well, to fulfill "Thing 10" I added an RSS feed to podcasts of my all-time favourite radio program (Vinyl Cafe Stories) to my blog. If your in need of a good, therapeutic laugh, I would highly recommend that you listen to some of these programs.

One of my favourite television programs is Most Haunted. It is a weekly documentary in which paranormal investigators visit (most often under cover of darkness) locations throughout Europe that are believed to be haunted. Often these British Ghostbusters fail to turn up any evidence, but when they do...well, I've seen a couple of episodes that just might convert the most staunch nonbeliever.

To my knowledge, only one segment of the program has ever been filmed in (you guessed it!) a Library - the Dartford Borough Museum and Library in Dartford, Kent, England.


This lovely old building was constructed in the 19th century and has a long and diverse history. Over the decades, it has served as a family home, a bank, and a Second World War air raid watchpost, to name but a few of it's roles. Its current incarnation as a district Library was made possible in 1916 through a grant from philanthropist Andrew Carnegie.

Please put on your headphones, turn up your speakers and enjoy the following clip. I think our phantom must have been a Reference Librarian in a former life. What do you think?


  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment