Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sliding into Home Plate

I have a confession to make. Although I've been tempted to work on my 23 Things assignments at home, I've been able to resist until this week. Library Thing demanded some at-home time. I have so many books in my personal library that I would never be able to add them all from memory. For instance, I added 34 books about Yoga and still have a few stragglers left.

I love Library Thing and will put it to very good use in the future. I found that the fastest and easiest way to add books is by ISBN. Once I made this discovery, it was a breeze!

I did attempt to embed the Library Thing widget in my Blog but was unsuccessful. Blogger just refused to accept the code that was supplied. From reviewing the Blogger discussion forums, it sounds like this is a common problem. I was quite disappointed...Library Thing has a very cool widget and I would have loved to have it on my Blog.

Wordle was just plain good fun! At first I tried entering the url from my Blog but didn't quite get the effect I was hoping for. So I tried to use several different websites that I thought look promising. Still, limited success. Finally I decided to "Paste a bunch of text" and was very pleased with the result. What do you think?



1 comment:

  1. I think it is excellent! Colour choice, layout choice, black background. All perfect.

    ReplyDelete