Sunday, March 20, 2011

Just a Sunday Blogger

Sunday seems to be the best day for me to catch up on a few things around the Library and to relax long enough to do some blogging. This could become an enjoyable habit. And judging by the number of Library ghosts that I've uncovered with just a bit of research, I could be blogging long after "23 Things" is officially over.

I'm slowly catching up with my weekly "Thing" assignments and enjoying them thoroughly. This past week it was RSS Feeds and Google Reader. Marvelous inventions! It's great having the information that I regularly look for delivered at one site with no effort on my part. I'm utilizing RSS feeds at home, too. I'm a bit of a yoga nut and visit several yoga blogs on a regular basis but it's a slow process. Living in the country, I'm restricted to dial-up internet, which can be painful at times. What a time saver my Google Reader has become!

And now, without further delay...



This week I thought I would introduce you to a ghostly gal who haunts one of our sister institutions, the Illinois State University Library. Her name is Angeline Milner and she was the first Librarian at Illinois State over 100 years ago. Click on Angie's image below and you'll be taken to her fascinating story.






No comments:

Post a Comment